Sunday, August 24, 2008

-:issues:-

People used to ask me what are my views on marriage, tying the knot or any sort of subject which have any relations to commitment….my answer will always be a straight ‘I dun think I’m up for it, Yet’.

To me, marriage is a window of opportunity in which leads to further unsolved enigmas. Seriously, it is not for the faint hearted, I believe.

How do you know that you are meant to be with that person for the rest of your life? How do you know that it will work? How do you know that it will last? Questions like that seem to pop up whenever I ponder deeper into the commitment issues.

Uncle agony always assures me that it’s not as bad as it may seem plus you wont know if you don’t try it…hmmm. He’s got a point there though.

Once, I resort to hunting down the potentials in Friendster, Facebook and Multiply. Never would I realise that the absolute ideal one is staring right back at me all this while. Ignorance never always bliss, my dear galpals.

Now back to the commitment issue, I guess that biological time clock of mine is ticking fast on me. ‘Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock’ can someone help me pause that damn clock for one moment!! So I guess, you can now say that my answer to the above question have changed. The maturity and confidence has kicked in atlast, I think.

Well, I’m still hoping hard for that magical proposal that I have planned in mind eversince I was a kid to take place. Will it ever happen or will it not? *shrugs*

2 comments:

  1. How each and everyone of us overcome or face the hurdles
    We do it differently
    So whats your plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wonder if men have a biological clock like ours???

    ReplyDelete